MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

New Member-Sometime lurker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brblpop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: New Member-Sometime lurker Reply with quote

Hello All!

New MZ rider in NE. According to DMV, this was the first BP registered in the state. They didn't have any 'priors' to base the taxes on. Don't worry, they came up with a number!

I found the website as I was considering my purchase. The fervent enthusiasm for the Baghira is part of what sold me. That, and the short, but surprising test ride!

About the bike. 2001 BP currently with ~ 4200 mi, running the Pirelli MT60R front (in need of replacement) and a Distanzia rear. The previous owner indicated that it has a Stage 2 cam, sprockets have been changed and it has FCRs and an M4 exhaust which sounds great on decel (hence my screen name burrrbbble...POP! ) Very Happy . History of Bikeworx (MA) sticker in owners manual, apparent previous owners in MN and MS.

Already bobbed the tail, couldn't believe that hadn't already been done, but apparently the previous owners concentrated more effort on the motor. Hey, leaves the inexpensive stuff for me!

Previous rides 88 GSX-R 750, 83 GS 1100E, 80(?) GS 450 S, 75 TS125. Notice a pattern? All Suzukis.

I'll post a few pictures, once I locate a decent background.
phlat65

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have some very expensive mods done to that bike!

could it be the famous mod bike from the old MZ site? does it have a steering dampner and fog lights?

welcome, you will love the bike!

old paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

to the group. May be moving to Manhattan, Ks next year. If so, we can meet some weekend for coffee and tall tales.
Mine is a '98 Mastiff that is still very strange after a lifetime of touring bikes.

brblpop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No steering damper or fog lights. Must be another bike.

You are right I am loving it. Complete opposite of my Gixxer. All low end.

Like your avatar phlat. The BP is the first street bike that I've really used the rear brake much on. It tends to keep the platform much more balanced. Never had this issue with my other bikes. Definitely rewards a different technique. The front brake seems a little weak compared to other bikes I've ridden recently. I'm thinking new pads are in order.
whysub01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To improve your front brake, there are two options:

1. Use Motul 600 brake fluid. One hell of a difference on the feel and bite. Be warned though-it does take some time to bleed it all through.

2. Fit a Honda VFR front caliper, although you will have to fabricate a bracket for it.

I bought a VFR caliper and bracket some months ago, but have never fitted it, as it feels good on Motul. However, the VFR caliper should make it even better (I will find the time).

Funny thing is that the front brake on my Skopion Sport is outstanding. Standard pads and normal brake fluid, and I can lock the front with two fingers. The pads wore out, so swapped the whole set up with the one from my spare bike, and it is exactly the same. Shame oi cannot just swap these calipers, but on the wrong side!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: Main Lobby All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: