MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

MZ 660 and Yamaha 660 / 660 carbs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: MZ 660 and Yamaha 660 / 660 carbs Reply with quote

i found this web site (and there're still other google results to go through):

http://www.merten.privat.t-online.de/Tenere/Vergaser.htm

MZ 660 Teikei Y26PV Primary 130 Secondary 165 (50PS)
XTZ 660 (3YF) Teikei Y26PV Primary 130 Secondary 165 (48PS)
XTZ 660 (4MD) Teikei Y26PV Primary 122 Secondary 165 (46PS)
XT 600 Z (3AJ) Teikei Y27PV Primary 165 Secondary 125 (46PS)

the jet sizes are likely to be different from the Yamaha models, though.

i don't know what the XTZ (3YF) and (4MD) models are but the (4MD) model has a smaller secondary carb than the MZ.
keithcross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks reallt interesting,if only I could read german. Can anyone here tanslate it?

Keith

cat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithcross wrote:
Looks really interesting,if only I could read german. Can anyone here translate it?
Keith

go here, it works a bit better than google language tools:
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish

...but it also stops halfway through. i started editing /rephrasing but i didn't have time so i just left it and saved it.
kerry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cat...you stated that the MZ uses a #50 pilot jet? Mine came with a 48....I wonder if thats why my bike keeps stalling at idle? Where can a person buy the jets for these Teikei carbs? My local Yamaha dealer was of no help to me. I need a 132 main and a 50 pilot. Been surfing the web, with no results!
keithcross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Baghira comes with the following jets as standard.

Left carb
pilot jet either a #48 or #54
mian jet #120, #130 or #140

Right carb
main jet #165

Thats what teh parts manual shows anyway.

Keith

cat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry wrote:
Hey Cat...you stated that the MZ uses a #50 pilot jet? Mine came with a 48....I wonder if thats why my bike keeps stalling at idle? Where can a person buy the jets for these Teikei carbs? My local Yamaha dealer was of no help to me. I need a 132 main and a 50 pilot. Been surfing the web, with no results!

Where did I say that? You mean in that ...oh, ok, I see it was Keith, in the parts manual. A 48 or a 54. Why would it be..either of those. That's 2 sizes apart. It could be the 'reduced output' model /whatever it's called, that uses the smaller one.

I have searched, google, believe me. All you'll find is those German pages and references to ...I forget, some lawnmowers or something Exclamation LOL! that use Teikei carbs. PM your email address, I'll send you all I've got.

Use the altavista translation page. You have to put in a paragraph - or about 150 words at a time, and the results are quite funny, you have to figure out what it means. It's a pity we don't speak German, really. I learned a bit already. Auspuff is exhaust and lenker is handlebars and vergaser is carb.

There was something about some Mikuni jets fitting, but it wasnt definite. You'd have to take the jets to a dealer that had Mikuni jets and compare, or measure them and try to get someone at one of the vendors like carbparts (or whatever it is), or sudco to measure their Mikuni jets. ...There's a guy who does dirt bike jet kits now -- James Dean! - that's it - JD jet kits - a real expert - he'd be able to give you the sizes/dimensions of the Mikuni and Keihin jets. He's on one of the forums like thumpertalk or something - you'd find it with a search. It'd be good to know.
keithcross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat

The restriction on the 33bhp model is achieved by a plate inserted in the manifold. The parts manual doesnt differentiate which bikes the juets are fitted to. Maybe its for different markets/altitudes. There is no indication in the parts manual.

Keith

cat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might need a smaller main jet.

I wonder what's available from ..that UK dealer that's always recommended?

I think the 48 pilot jet probably worked alright originally but something has gone wrong. I'd want to rebuild the carbs, replace all the o-rings, the diaphragm, clean out the air passages...
JT700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could check with Kawasaki dealers about keihin carbs, they used them on their Vulcan models (just found this out from my father after talking to him he rides a 2001 Vulcan Nomad) they might carry parts for them if they used them on older models I havent checked yet. But he is going to check with his buddies at the Dealership for me. Their newer models use CVKs though. mostly dual 32-36mm on the 500-800 models.
CM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think to remember that somebode has written at the german Baghira Forum that the carbs of a XT 600 donīt fit.

If you want an better carb, search for an carb from a Raptor quad (Mikuni BST 33) or an "FLACHSCHIEBER" Carb.... I donīt know the exact english word for it.....

Mikuni TM34B65 carb, GPR Exhaust, Tuning Manifolds, Magura SX Handlebar, Braking 320mm Wave Disk, Brembo P4 4caliper, 5/8 Pump
keithcross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would make sense if "FLACHSCHIEBER" means flat slide. Just wish I could afford a set Sad

Keith

CM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jep, very expensive......thatīs why a member at the german Baghi-Forum mount an Yamaha Raptor carb on his Baghi. Itīs more cheaper than a flat slide (yes, another english word I know *LOL*) and much better than the original carb....

Mikuni TM34B65 carb, GPR Exhaust, Tuning Manifolds, Magura SX Handlebar, Braking 320mm Wave Disk, Brembo P4 4caliper, 5/8 Pump
cat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CM wrote:
Jep, very expensive......thatīs why a member at the german Baghi-Forum mount an Yamaha Raptor carb on his Baghi. Itīs more cheaper than a flat slide (yes, another english word I know *LOL*) and much better than the original carb....

Better, does he get more power, or?
The Mikuni BST is also a CV carb. They're not so popular with the LC4 owners on ktmtalk and advrider, it's very common for them to replace them with the FCR carb.

The 2 carb YDIS system is not bad, for a big 4-stroke single. When the Yamaha XT had one carb, it was prone to jerking and stalling at low speed.
CM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@cat: Jep, you get more horsepower. The Baghi of the guy who mount them is a little bit tuned and he says that since the Raptor carb are on the bike she makes a wheelie if he turn down from the 3rd to the 2nd gear and get hard on gas. He means that the Baghi runs in an other world....compared with the original carb.

...shit....I must let make my Head at the Baghi....I want that she makes a wheelie like his one too...... Twisted Evil Razz

To drive with one big carb isnīt bad but I guess that EGLI (a famous tuner) had a reason why his 84HP Race Baghi has still two.....

cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MZ Baghira stock carburetors

["re-translated"]

Recommendation from Egli regarding needle position (applicable only to stock engines)

The needle in the primary carburetor (left) should be set on the 2nd richest position and the needle in the secondary carburetor (right) on the 2nd leanest position. Both needles have five slots and are standard in the middle (3) position. After this change the primary carburetor is thus a stage richer and the secondary carburetor a stage leaner.

If not at sea level, the main jet can be 2.5 points smaller.

Subjectively regarded, this change gives the desired effect. However, with a 'heavy hand', the fuel consumption increases substantially beyond factory specifications.

Apparently the tunebike.de kit recommends the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: