MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

C.D.I. problem... anyone.. plz help me..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oshiey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: C.D.I. problem... anyone.. plz help me.. Reply with quote

how much will it cost for a c.d.i. box?? has anyone of you guys have a same problem with me before?? i tried to start my bike but its some kind like the feul didn't fill the carburator..

it sounds empty... i sent to a local workshop and the mechanic said that my C.D.I box ( coil ) didn't work.
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia usa .You know the PARTS have been SHIPPED when the MAIL MAN knocks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: not running Reply with quote

our first cdi box problem on a 125 that i have seen listed ????

in the country your in i assume you have a sx or sm 125
1 check fuze but best to put in a new one
2 check to make sure wire from pickup coil at motor stator is complete
and connected follow it from left engine case to cdi box
3 if you have been some where wet check the contents of the cover
on left side bad about picking up stuff if crossing a stream or creek
4 look for loose connections in harness and plugs

5 pm me a regular email address and i will send you an electrical
drawing and the shop manual pages on testing the coil
6 if you have had the battery off make sure all the wires to it are still connected
7 there is a kill switch on right handlebar that can cause problems and
there is a switch on the kickstand ...the one on the kick stand is easy to damage and the instructions in the shop manual needs to be read before working on it both operate a relay that supply power to cdi box

i am thinking something besides cdi box because we have never
had any one say one went bad that i can remember ????

http://www.mzriders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=30
www.qrz.com/wd8cyv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia usa .You know the PARTS have been SHIPPED when the MAIL MAN knocks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: fuel Reply with quote

some times mine gets upset and will not start and i find i have BAD FUEL
in the tank
also found it starts better with carb fuel mixture screw set at 2 turns
do not rotate hand gasfeed when starting
but do use choke if needed Very Happy

http://www.mzriders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=30
www.qrz.com/wd8cyv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mxsteven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: C.D.I. problem... anyone.. plz help me.. Reply with quote

Hey Oishley how are you! well sad to hear ur bike having some problem but always bear in mind that im still around to help Razz anyway u may swap ur CDI with my bike and test it!
This Sunday i will only be free! coz saturday will be working on my Ex XRV750 Africa Twin bike! well u still have my contact, just sms me ok!

Another SAD news is one of our members called "Biolator" had scrap his bike! due to his bike overheated while riding, and this overheating problem has cause his bike crankshaft bended! so he cant do much things coz the crankshaft would cost about half of the used bike price!

Well and there is a GOOD news which he bought a new bike but it's a street bike. SO u can ask him to offer u his MZ CDI unit! Very Happy

regards
MXsteven

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=54qa00326um.jpg

Think b4 u do, Ride safe.

MXsteven
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oshiey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dave for ur help... i'll see what i can do with my bike... anyway check ur inbox.. i've sent u my email... really appreciate it..
oshiey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: C.D.I. problem... anyone.. plz help me.. Reply with quote

mxsteven wrote:
Hey Oishley how are you! well sad to hear ur bike having some problem but always bear in mind that im still around to help Razz anyway u may swap ur CDI with my bike and test it!
This Sunday i will only be free! coz saturday will be working on my Ex XRV750 Africa Twin bike! well u still have my contact, just sms me ok!

Another SAD news is one of our members called "Biolator" had scrap his bike! due to his bike overheated while riding, and this overheating problem has cause his bike crankshaft bended! so he cant do much things coz the crankshaft would cost about half of the used bike price!

Well and there is a GOOD news which he bought a new bike but it's a street bike. SO u can ask him to offer u his MZ CDI unit! Very Happy

regards
MXsteven

hey steven..
poor biolator... i'll send him a message n try to ask him sell his cdi box to me... well i'll try to catch with u in sunday n i'll sms u but i can't make any appointment with u pal since i'm very busy with my study...

this is my last year so i've a lot thing to do.. u know.. asignment, imi project... bla bla bla
anyway just keep in touch n call me if u need something..
mxsteven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: C.D.I. problem... anyone.. plz help me.. Reply with quote

yeah i good to hear greetings from u!! anyway pls let me know when u free!!!

anymore good idea to mod my MZ?

oshiey wrote:
mxsteven wrote:

regards
MXsteven

hey steven..
poor biolator... i'll send him a message n try to ask him sell his cdi box to me... well i'll try to catch with u in sunday n i'll sms u but i can't make any appointment with u pal since i'm very busy with my study...

this is my last year so i've a lot thing to do.. u know.. asignment, imi project... bla bla bla
anyway just keep in touch n call me if u need something..

MXsteven
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oshiey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve, can i have biolator's number???
need to ask him bout the cdi...

any idea how to reach him???
(except pm).
mxsteven

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have PM u his number! pls check ur PM ok!

oshiey wrote:
steve, can i have biolator's number???
need to ask him bout the cdi...

any idea how to reach him???
(except pm).

MXsteven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 125 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: