MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

USED HOLESHOT EXHAUST

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Hunsicker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: USED HOLESHOT EXHAUST Reply with quote

ALL I REALLY NEED IS THE INTAKE PART OF THE CAN, THAT CONNECTS TO THE HEADER, SO COSMETICS ARE NOT IMPORTANT.

CHRIS HUNSICKER
CHRIS AT OLDCITYCOFFEE DOT COM
steveweck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, will you be going to the final TPM day at Pocono this Friday. I don't have a spare exhaust but I wanted to get another look at your bike. I think I've talked to you at Pocono before. I'm finally getting around to working on my Skorpion. I need to figure out a few upgrades. I plan on using a R1 front end because I have one. I don't know about the back end yet.

Thanks

Steve Weckesser
CCS #474
TPM Coach #474
Chris Hunsicker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I will not be at Pocono on Friday but I'm trying to find someone to go with to Monday's GP Premiere race at Summit and run in the Lite class. The late October Summit and mid-Nov VIR dates are also still possibilities. Good luck with your skorp and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Chris

PS

My exhaust is at a local welders as we speak.
steveweck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,
I've finally gotten around to doing some work on my Skorpion. The R1 front end is on and worked out great. I've modified the subframe to accept a GSXR seat and tail section. I'm looking at a shock for the bike and I should have the motor back together before the end of the year. I saw some pictures of your bike and I was curious as to what rearsets you use. I've been thinking about making adapter plates so I can bolt on different rearsets but if I can find an alternate rearset it would make life easier. What rearsets are you using and do you know of any other options?

Thanks,
Steve Weckesser
TPM Coach
Chris Hunsicker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I got the rearsets from someone in Germany who originally bought them from Bill, who is the guy who responded to your shock question. Bill made them, but they are probably one of the only sets of this type ever made, and I think Bill has since upgraded his design.

You can see them on his web site:

http://www.zabernet.de/bill/tuning.html

Scroll down a little bit and the first pictures are clickable, and if you click on the word "brackets" a drawing comes up for the left side.

Rear sets have always been a real problem. The only other usable thing I've seen is a beautiful set from Bikeworx/Axeljack, but lots of $$$.

I'm sort of looking for something as back-up, as no crash parts are available for what I have.

Chris
steveweck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,
Thanks for the info. I've been looking for something available in the states. I know Jack @ Akljak who makes the Bikeworx rearsets but he can only make them for Galen @ Bikeworx. They have an agreement. I'm not looking to spend that much money. This is just a fun race bike thats not supposed to cost to much money. (I know, ha ha ha, a race bike that doesn't cost much money) I guess I'll just make an adapter. it may not be pretty but it will work. Whats up with those wheels on your bike. Is there any particular year TZ wheel that works on the Skorpion? Was there much work to get yours to fit properly?

Thanks,
steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: Wanted All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: