MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

Incorrect starting of the 1000sf

View previous topic :: View next topic  
perryboy23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Incorrect starting of the 1000sf Reply with quote

Being a biker for the last ten years i have had a few bikes and without sounding like a total prick when starting a bike I have always pushed the ignition switch and gave a little on the throttle and in cold weather a lot on the throttle. Give it a few revs and hey presto your ready to go.

After a breif bollocking from Paul the engineer at the MZ deaalers in Milton Keynes, this is not somthing the 1000's like.

apparently if you start opening the throttle whilst pushing the ignition switch it confuses the bikes sensors thus the problems ive been having with starting the bike up on cold english mornings.

Switch only is the way forward!! works everytime.
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia usa .You know the PARTS have been SHIPPED when the MAIL MAN knocks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: rt125 Reply with quote

my rt125 is the same no throttle at all keep your hand off of it
and use the choke on chilli days
if you use the throttle you just run the battery down

if mine sets for several weeks some times i must stick a small
hose in through the airbox and carb and prime it
once it fires the vacuum created makes the carb get a fresh load of fuel and then it will start
ar dave

after 50 years i have to remember to keep my hand off the throttle

the saxon tour has a bing like a bmw so it is a bike all on its own.. it never seems to start the same way from day to day

http://www.mzriders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=30
www.qrz.com/wd8cyv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Drew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Incorrect starting of the 1000sf Reply with quote

perryboy23 wrote:
Being a biker for the last ten years i have had a few bikes and without sounding like a total prick when starting a bike I have always pushed the ignition switch and gave a little on the throttle and in cold weather a lot on the throttle. Give it a few revs and hey presto your ready to go.

After a breif bollocking from Paul the engineer at the MZ deaalers in Milton Keynes, this is not somthing the 1000's like.

apparently if you start opening the throttle whilst pushing the ignition switch it confuses the bikes sensors thus the problems ive been having with starting the bike up on cold english mornings.

Switch only is the way forward!! works everytime.

With the advent of Fuel Injection, the old rules don't always apply. The designers of the FI seem to think about how it should be used, not how it would be used!

Your FI system should also have an automatic choke, so when the engine is cold it will enrichen the fuel mixture until the engine is warmed up.

It's worthwhile to learn about the ins-and-outs of the system, as you have found. I had a Triumph Daytona with FI, and its quirk was with shutdown. I've been trained that in order to shut off a bike, you hit the killswitch then turn the key. This trains your mind to behave in a similar manner when in a panic situation where engine shutoff is required. However, as it turns out, the on-board computer in the Triumph could potentially fail due to current surge (very rare, but it has happened to others). Their procedure was to shutoff with the key, always!

DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia usa .You know the PARTS have been SHIPPED when the MAIL MAN knocks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: shut off Reply with quote

The shut off of a MZ saxon tour with the rotax 504 motor should always
be with the compression release so it does not run backward against
the starter sprag clutch makes a very nasty sound and requires
a cash out lay of about $225 usd even when its a done at home project
ugh Sad

http://www.mzriders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=30
www.qrz.com/wd8cyv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 1000S All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: