MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

2005 MZ Baghira for sale in Tennessee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fasrnu

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: 2005 MZ Baghira for sale in Tennessee Reply with quote

I have been bitten by the touring bug and need to get rid of some of my toys to raise capital and get garage space. My baggy has been extensively modified as listed below.

1. Yamaha YZ426 USD frontend. Frontend has been shortened 45mm shorter than the
factory reduced height frontend
2. Billet triple trees and an alloy bar.
3. 320mm front brake rotor mated to YZ caliper.
4. Dual Keihin 35mm flatslide carbs.
5. Adjustable lowering link in rear.
6. Ceramic coated exhaust with M4 carbon can.
7. Led tail light and mini turn signals.

I bought the bike 1 year ago this month from a dealer who had 1 leftover and wanted to gid rid of it because of the way the factory left them hanging. I paid $5500 US dollars for it and have since spent another $2000 on the mods. The bike only has 150 miles on it and I still have all the factory components...ie the entire factory frontend from handle bar to axle including the front wheel/tire and caliper, the factory muffler, the factory carbs, and the factory turn signals although 1 of them is broken.

I am asking $6000 US dollars for everything or $5300 US dollars for just the bike in its modified state. If it doesn't get sold here I will put it on eBay auction. Pickup and or shipping arrangements must be made by buyer. This is a great canyon carver. Sport bikes can leave her on the straights but not in the curves.

Thanks for reading my post.
________
FORD REFLEX HISTORY
________
Hawaii Dispensary

ebay1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.26 KB
 Viewed:  1706 Time(s)

ebay1.JPG

Last edited by fasrnu on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
fasrnu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 MZ Baghira for sale in Tennessee Reply with quote

fasrnu wrote:
I have been bitten by the touring bug and need to get rid of some of my toys to raise capital and get garage space. My baggy has been extensively modified as listed below.

1. Yamaha YZ426 USD frontend. Frontend has been shortened 45mm shorter than the
factory reduced height frontend
2. Billet triple trees and an alloy bar.
3. 320mm front brake rotor mated to YZ caliper.
4. Dual Keihin 35mm flatslide carbs.
5. Adjustable lowering link in rear.
6. Ceramic coated exhaust with M4 carbon can.
7. Led tail light and mini turn signals.

I bought the bike 1 year ago this month from a dealer who had 1 leftover and wanted to gid rid of it because of the way the factory left them hanging. I paid $5500 US dollars for it and have since spent another $2000 on the mods. The bike only has 150 miles on it and I still have all the factory components...ie the entire factory frontend from handle bar to axle including the front wheel/tire and caliper, the factory muffler, the factory carbs, and the factory turn signals although 1 of them is broken.

I am asking $6000 US dollars for everything or $5300 US dollars for just the bike in its modified state. If it doesn't get sold here I will put it on eBay auction. Pickup and or shipping arrangements must be made by buyer. This is a great canyon carver. Sport bikes can leave her on the straights but not in the curves.

Thanks for reading my post.

The bike sold on eBay for way less than it was worth but I needed to move it on to make room in the shop and raise a bit of capital. After being on this forum for a while I was shocked, with all the banter about how great you all think Baggies are, that no one made any kind of offer. Oh well, your loss and some stranger's gain.
________
Second-generation ford mustang
________
Tz engine

Last edited by fasrnu on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
MSW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2005 MZ Baghira for sale in Tennessee Reply with quote

fasrnu wrote:
After being on this forum for a while I was shocked, with all the banter about how great you all think Baggies are, that no one made any kind of offer. Oh well, your loss and some stranger's gain.

Doesn't seem all that shocking to me. I think you're dealing with the dual problems of nearly everyone on this forum who loves Baggies already having their own, and the sale of motorcycles in general still being mostly a local thing (although ebay and the internet are changing that somewhat).

If this were the Honda Riders Forum, you'd likely find a bunch of buyers located near you trolling around looking for a bike, rather than just owners and riders, but the scarcity of these bikes and the people who love them being what it is means that we assume the risk of a soft resale market and a low return on investment.

Sorry you didn't get the price you wanted, but you did a great job on the mods. That's a really nice bike.

kman.45

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's shocking is that you thought you should get back what you paid for the bike. It's two years old and has been modded. No mods ever get back what you have in them. Yeah it's only got 150 miles, but who's fault is that? Frankly I would have felt better about a 2 yr old bike that had 10,000 miles than one with completely oddball mileage versus mods versus age. You got $4500 on Ebay, which is frankly at least $1000 more than most any year clean Baghira is going for lately, so don't claim you got less than it was worth, you got exactly what the market would bear.

BTW, not too many people are going to feel bad about getting a bargain from a guy that has to buy a Ducati Hypermotard..

that's my $0.02 anyway.
fasrnu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman.45 wrote:
What's shocking is that you thought you should get back what you paid for the bike. It's two years old and has been modded. No mods ever get back what you have in them. Yeah it's only got 150 miles, but who's fault is that? Frankly I would have felt better about a 2 yr old bike that had 10,000 miles than one with completely oddball mileage versus mods versus age. You got $4500 on Ebay, which is frankly at least $1000 more than most any year clean Baghira is going for lately, so don't claim you got less than it was worth, you got exactly what the market would bear.

BTW, not too many people are going to feel bad about getting a bargain from a guy that has to buy a Ducati Hypermotard..

that's my $0.02 anyway.

Whatever
________
Toyota Celica Xx Specifications
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: For Sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: