MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

my ride
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: my ride Reply with quote

picture of my ride.... Enjoy........

Picture 00dfgdfg4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.58 KB
 Viewed:  2815 Time(s)

Picture 00dfgdfg4.jpg

sapperk9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Handguards Reply with quote

Whose handguards Cobber?

My ride is at:

http://www.kultcher.com/660.html

I've ridden her across Australia.

handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: handguards Reply with quote

Polisport handguards me old mate,, were fitted on the bike when i bought her..

May remove them pretty soon and put on some Protaper handlebars...

Reagerds Al....
sapperk9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Handguards Reply with quote

Well,

If you do have to get rid of them when you get the new bars.... Very Happy

handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: handguards.... Reply with quote

probably cost you more in postage than the handguards are worth Shocked Any jobs in Australia for an I.T. Technician.....Weather is rubbish in this country raininng all the time. i have a cousin that lives in Wombarra....

Al.
sapperk9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Cuz'nz Reply with quote

How does he do that (live) at that location? Its the end of the line, and bloody cold too. My Mrs used to be a district nurse in country Victoria. Y'know, looking after those with a third ear on their forehead etc ...

Wanna job? Look in WA. The mining boom is in full swing, and looks like its still got 7-10 years to run. We're the most remote city on the planet, but that has advantages too. You could bring the handguards with you?

http://www.kultcher.com/660.html

Garf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsomejack, the rear looks real clean. How about some more detailed shots as I am curious about the number plate position / mounting and the same goes for the lights and indicators.

I have chopped mine about a bit and it looks 100% better than it did but I do like the idea of the completely clean look that you have achieved.

It looks like you have dumped the frame mounted front light in favour of a couple of aftermarket fork mounts still utilising the original lights ....is that correct and did you experience any diffculties doing the mod ? I considered that route but was a little concerned about the extra weight around the steering axis ....have you noticed any difference in that department ?

You need to get the hack saw out on the front panels mate and that would really tidy up the look. I cut mine down and made a simple bracket to mount the front of the panels to the rads using the anti vibration mounts scavenged from the scaffolding that used to wrap around the front. I am well pleased with the look although the frame mounted light detracts from the aesthetics a little.

I think you should also look at a smaller SM guard like an acerbis to finish off the look. I have a ratty one i can send if you want to see what it looks like on the bike .......just PM me if interested and pick up the postage.

For the sake of a quiet life from the old bill I also wanted to make sure all my mods were road legal .....mainly because if i get tugged for some minor infringement they are more inclined to be reasonable if your lights and zorst are all appropriately stamped and the number plate isnt the size of a credit card !!

Cheers
Garf

handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

front end was relatively easy, involved getting a set of fork mounted headlight brackets from m and p motorcycles, and making a u shaped gracket to hold the speedo the original headlamp fixings were reataind and used on the fork mounted bracket. to be honest after removal of all that subframe stuff i found the front end lightter not sure whether it was just because i could see the headlight turning now when i turn the bars seems weird when it stays still as on old setup... rear end involved removing rear subframe completely and chopping off the number plate holding bracket a small u shaped piece of steel. also means removal of tool holder so as to see the number plate properly. i then fitted mini iridium indiacators on to some u shaped brakets from b and q. fron also has mini iridium indicators. rear end has motrax l.e.d. brake light also, and some computer neons wired up as additional brake lights......extra phots to follow.......

Al.........

IMAG0037.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.13 KB
 Viewed:  2688 Time(s)

IMAG0037.JPG

handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more pics

IMAG0041.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.55 KB
 Viewed:  2687 Time(s)

IMAG0041.JPG

handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: front end Reply with quote

check out this post for front end details

http://www.mzriders.com/mz/viewtopic.php?t=1518

Al....
keithcross

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that number palte position legal? I am hoping so, because if it is the hacksaw comes out real soon Smile
I have seen this position for number plates used a few times in teh past and I kinda like it.

Keith

OLDMTNCARVER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I'm in the states and a big hats off x2 to what Keith says!

Regards,
Robert (OCM)
OLDMTNCARVER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCUSE ME.
Robert (OMC)
handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: number plate Reply with quote

Bike has been m.o.t'd last year and not told anything different when bike was m.o.t'd. number plate is legal size also has number plate light custom purchase from Heine Gericke cost about £10. Think I will change the numberplate light this year for a motrax item as that looks a bit more trick and looks brighter. Did have a cop in Brecon look around my bike last year and he didnt say anything about my number plate, also have asked a couple of friends if they can see it when they are behind me and it seems visible...so no probs yet. when you see some of these custom bikes with small plates mounted to the left hand side by rear axle and gold wings or big harleys with top boxes and number plates under top boxes seems no different to mine....

Alun......
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia usa .You know the PARTS have been SHIPPED when the MAIL MAN knocks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: tag Reply with quote

alway did think the big English tags stunk
but now that you guys got more tv cameras than people
they will just want to make them bigger

next will be a photo sensor on bike
police car sends signal on beam of light and rf id tag sends copper
ALL your info including your speed

Sad

http://www.mzriders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=30
www.qrz.com/wd8cyv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: