MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

bit the bullet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: bit the bullet Reply with quote

Ahhhh Well,

finally bit the bullet. bought set of bars yesterday WRP fat bars 28mm plus wrp clamps, and grips total price £55. Is this a good deal ?

Got home and realised I picked up ther wrong size clamps. 22mm instead of 28mm. will change them tomorrow. only about 10miles away. Ray hockey Racing.

Will have a problem with the clamps, as the bolts that bolt to the yoke have a straight shank of about 12mm then threaded 10mm will have to get the shank turned down by my local engineering shop. L

ooking to mount the bars on Wednesday / Thursday. I have already painted the top triple clamp in gloss black paint from poundland, and looks real nice only thing is now bottom triple clamp needs doing now to match up to top.

I have black clamps and Silver bars so contrast is nice, need to get some chromy styleee levers next. What I have found is since I have removed my handguars the levers look to long anyone replaced their levers with shorter motorcross styleee levers ?

keep y'all posted...

Alun
whysub01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to decie on thebars for my bike when it comes back from having the fork conversion. Was at Jim Aim's yesterday, and he has about 40 different bars of different widths and heights.

Should be fun choosing a pair-and to think I used to moan at the wife when she was spending ages choosing between three pairs of shoes.

handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: bit the bullet Reply with quote

Whysub,

DK offraod have good deal on Pro Taper contour bars at the moment £39.95 dont think you'll find them any where cheaper. problem is when you price clamps they are £35 total £75 plus on top you need to get grips. about a fiver. great deal at ray hockeys £55 WRP bars WRP clamps And grips. Give em a go....

I thought it was a good deal at least i have the proper WRP clamps to match the WRP bars. With pro taper, you may want to invest in proper pro taper clamps or go for 22mm bars and you wont need new clamps. I preferred the unbraced bars as a cleaner look let me know how you get on.........

Alun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: