MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

woo hoo bars fitted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: woo hoo bars fitted Reply with quote

Hi to all,

Fitted my bars this evening not to bad a job. did need to get the studs on my clamps turned down to 10.3mm as wrp clamps has a shoulder on them at 12mm got that sorted by a mate with a lathe.

Fitted bars tonight. was a breeze just need to take time and go for it quietly. Had to drill the bars for location pin for headlight switch choke arrangement. Still need to source some better levers and a nicer master cylinder, so put original levers on for now. Real clean won't be putting hasndguards back on again !!

Took bike out for a spin tonight and the whole front end seems so much looser as thought even taking the top yoke off has loosened up the steering. and suspension feels taughter I can feel suspension working throught the bars. I did notice that when I get up over a kerb by my house seems easier. Steering is definately easier but more responsive, difficult to put into words but never thought bars would make this much difference. Also the wrp clamps are approx an inch higher than stock clamps so I am more upright..

Altogether I am a happy Bunny. Razz

Cheers All

Alun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: