MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

MZ in the UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithcross

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: MZ in the UK Reply with quote

Just read this on another MZ site, it came as a shock to me. I will be telephoning Phil to se if he can forward any details of future spares dealers if he hears anything. Sad

This is the message Phil has attached to all his outgoing e-mails now...

As you can see from the footnote I can still supply MZ spares until end of September. Any back order items I would need to cancel. Given the finishing date I guess my last order to MZ Germany will be around September 18th, giving me 10 days to receive and despatch.

PLEASE NOTE:
MZ Germany have been searching for a new motorcycle and spares importer in the UK to replace their current trading arrangement whereby dealers imported motorcycles and BSA supported the spares requirement.
Following a review of this situation MZ and BSA have agreed to end the current arrangement of BSA servicing the UK market of MZ spares at close of business on Friday 28th September 2007.

Regards
Phil Albutt

Keith

LWS66

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would'nt surprise me if this turns out to be just a line of bullshit from MZ.....another one of their round-about ways of bailing out from yet another market. Fucking pitiful, absoluely fucking pitiful! Rolling Eyes Nothing like pissing on the only "ray of sunshine" in regards to spares support. Phil and BSA will be missed Sad
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia usa .You know the PARTS have been SHIPPED when the MAIL MAN knocks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: shot Reply with quote

looks like an other case of factory shooting it's self in the foot again

i will try to find some one in the usa to order parts for me

but i know the drill BSA was 5 to11 days on orders

now i will not be surprised at 5 to 11 weeks or even worse 5 to 11 months

the old mzna record was 127 days same part ordered same day from bsa-regal was 6 days

http://www.mzriders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=30
www.qrz.com/wd8cyv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mzsrus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: RE MZ Reply with quote

HI folks,

andrew here brecon beacons

Just spoke to MZ MD in germany well at 9am,

1. 2 new propsective main importers in negotiations with hopefully sorted by end of sept or middle october at latest.

2.Parts will be ordered directly from dealers for that time to new main importer is sorted.

3. BSA have been looking to finish with MZ for some time and did not want to increase/further the business, where as MZ do.

4. MZ Management buy out still on plan, should be finished by late October. (Main Bank in eastern Germany gone bankrupt).

5. New models on table including supamoto, new 250cc range and possible 600cc or 750cc bike.

Best wishes

Andrew

www.myspace.com/mzmotorcycles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: Main Lobby All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: