MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

the best cleaning products and looking after mz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
perryboy23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: the best cleaning products and looking after mz Reply with quote

So we are coming up to winter in the u.k, What does this bke need to withstand the battering its going o get over this chilly period.
I keep mine covered up outside. Should I be hosing it down everytime ive ridden it ?(when the roads have been salted) how do I stop the rusting?and what are the best cleaning products for the plastic fairing and for all the none plastic bits. From previous experience fairing bolts corrode, brake disks get slight rust on them, and my pet hate is the build up of oily crap all round your wheels that just wont shift. Any one got any good products they can advise on? any good tips would be great cos this bike is gonna last!
motorcycles4less

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Come and see me, I have a great selection of cleaning products to keep the new baby happy. I will happily tell you what we use in the shop and workshop and will also tell you what to avoid.

Doug
Motorcycles 4 Less

perryboy23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt think of that!, hopefully , all going well il be seeing you at the back end of next week.
whysub01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fit a Scotoiler-mine have all worked brilliantly, and any throwoff (like if you accidentally turn it up to full Sad ) just wipes off, unlike most chain lubes.

My bikes I rinse off with a hose afte winter riding, then apply Scotoil F365, which seems to have worked well. I only bought it because i was offered 2 for less than a fiver, and it ws recommended. Not sure if it is this or the daily hosing down that has kept them (relatively) corrosion free.

DarthRider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afte I wash my bike I spray it with Motorex Anti-Rust and use Motorex clean and polish on the plastics. Motul Siliclean works good too for keeping black parts shiny.
patkin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: preservative Reply with quote

I have just ordered some ACF-50. this stuff is used in the aviation industry and lasts for 24 months, it washes off though so regular application is the key. it will prevent corrosion and stop any that has started neautralising the rusting process. It displaces moisture and will protect and preserve rubber and electrical connections. It is a very thin coat that does not attract dirt or dust.

£12 for 150ml can
street_moto

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can recommend the ACF-50, dirt will stick to it, but underneath the bike stays corrosion free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 1000S All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: