MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

THEY DID SOMETING THAT HAS ME LOOKING AGAIN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia usa .You know the PARTS have been SHIPPED when the MAIL MAN knocks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: THEY DID SOMETING THAT HAS ME LOOKING AGAIN Reply with quote

IF ANY ONE HAS MISSED IT BMW FOR THE FIRTS TIME SINCE
DROPPING THE K75RT FROM THERE LINE
HAVE ME LOOKING AGAIN

http://www.bmwmoa.org/features/intermot_06/G650_Xmoto.htm

http://www.bmwmoa.org/features/intermot_06/G650_Xcountry.htm

I LIKE THE XCOUNTRY IN BLACK

NOW IS IT COMING TO THE USA AND CAN I AFFORD IT
AR DAVE

http://www.mzriders.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=30
www.qrz.com/wd8cyv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MSW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the new 650s at the Int'l Moto Show in San Mateo (CA) this weekend, and I have to say that I was pretty disappointed. I was really looking forward to these models ever since I saw the HP2 in supermoto trim last year at MotoGP. "Wow" I thought. "Too bad I can't afford one until the kids are out of college (15+ years). If only they would do the same thing with a 650."

The G650 Xmoto (which I was most interested in) just looks cheap. The silly-looking brake lines with the double banjo bolts sticking straight up out of the master cylinder are either a last minute fix of an enexpected problem, or the worst German styling decision since the Birkenstock. Although that looks like it could be fixed (along with the turn signals and taillight that are right out of the Dennis Kirk catalogue), why would I pay almost twice as much as I did for my Baggy, only to get roughly the same performance?

And don't get me started on the alloy wheels...

I do like the exhaust cannister, and what they did with the rear cowl (other than the brake light and turn signals), but that's about it. Maybe I'd be impressed if I trusted for one second BMW's claimed weight numbers.

I guess if you just have to have a Beemer, or can't be bothered to talk to the dozens of people who come up to ask you about your MZ, one of the new G650s would be the way to go.

I know I sound like a BMW hater, but really I'm just disappointed. I was really looking forward to a few new bikes worthy of the brand.

OLDMTNCARVER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
While I was picking up an oil filter for my Bahira at the Yamaha shop I figured that I walk across the parking lot to the BMW dealership, just curious...
"Hey, Mr. saleman when and how much for the new SuperMoto 650."
Mr. salesman with a big grin replies "mid 2007 and a reeeeeeally fair $9,999.99."
I reply, "Yeah, great lookin' bike, Seeeeeeeeee ya!" and under my breath to be polite, NOT!!!
I'm thinking a second Baghira with a reeeeeeeeeally tweeeeeeeeeked engine, well maybe when I'm rich...
Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: Main Lobby All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: