MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

Black Panther rider in Santa Cruz, CA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Bay Area Baggy Ride (Oh, alright, an All Brands SM Ride) is definitely in order, but we have to wait until winter-tear-down-and-work-on-your-bike season is over. A new Holeshot can is going on my BP (as soon as I raise the required $250 for my connector pipe and carb kit from tunebike.de!).

BTW, speaking of the connector pipe, do either of you guys have a good recommendation for a shop in the South Bay that can do a custom connector for me? I don't mind the $65 for the carb kit from tunebike, but I'm thinking that I can have someone bend a custom connector for me for a lot less than $155 (plus shipping).

Glad to know I've got a couple of compadres in my neighborhood!

OLDMTNCARVER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSW,
I had a DynoJet stage 1 kit installed on my '01 BP and at this time it's way too rich.
Pops real loud.
The M4 system needs adjusted and I hope to get that done this next week then on to sort out the carb issues.
I had before and after dyno runs to see the numbers.
Stock: 43hp / 37 torque
M4 & jets: 45hp / 42 torque
The changes were made and the BP was ridden to Laguna Seca and back. I haven't run it since.
I wish I'd come to this site before the changes and I probably would have held off until I got my hands on some Keihins. Haveing seen a posted picture of a set of those carbs with the exhaust against them I'd also have to think about head pipe mods for clearance.
Feeling like I'm doing the headless chicken dance.
I'll be calling Galen at bikeworx back to get the prices he figured I'd be looking at for the Keihins. The one thing that Galen and I talked about was eliminating the airbox for seperate filters that seems a salution to airbox clearance mid pipe concerns.
The other mentioned set up was from Edelbrock. My thoughts on that are mixed and the only thing that I considered was to use their two into one manifold with a single Keihin thus the head pipe clearance wouldn't be an issue and one filter instead of an air box.
Any changes or information and I'll post
OMC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: Main Lobby All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: