MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

Interchangeable parts - a list
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: Mechanic/Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSW

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't tried to install one yet, my internet research has told me (and we all know that everything you read on the internet is true) that the speedo for the later Baghira (the hexagonal one) is the following Husqvarna part:

2000/2001 Husqvarna TE 610-E/SM 610 S P/N 8000 92346

Which means that the corresponding tachometer (rev counter, for those across the pond) should be:

2000/2001 Husqvarna TE 610-E/SM 610 S P/N 8000 92344

As I haven't actually tried this application, you must use this information (if at all) at your own risk.

AtomicSpew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: KTM Radiator Guards said to fit Baggy Radiator... Reply with quote

As per Hoke's advise, I'm adding a parts listing for KTM's radiator protectors (the white plastic version) that are said to fit our Baggy's:

Part #58035034000 L/S Radiator SC
Part #58035134000 R/S Radiator SC
Part #50235033300 Snap Nut (order 4 of these)
Part #0014060153 HH Collar Screw M6x1 (order 4 of these)

I got this info from a guy in Eastern US that has the radiator guards from a KTM fit for his Baggy. Those were the parts he had ordered, and due to his failing vision, he sent me the receipt that listed out the parts. My eyes are a little better and I was able to read the faded numbers off the reciept. I myself have NOT bought these parts (yet), but plan to.

92 XT225

Every time Bush lies, GOD kills a kitty...
MuZZeR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Interchangeable parts - a list Reply with quote

F0ul_Oli wrote:
The front disc is a Yamaha R1/6 model -99 - are the calipers also from this bike?

The front disk of a Skorpion (Grimeca) is the same as the one used on a Honda 125NSR.
You just have to turn the center 'cause the Honda disk is left, Skorpion is right). In Europe the Honda disk is 40% cheaper than the NSR disk
(?)
Headlight is the same as a Yamaha TRX850, older FZR model range and the first XJ600F. the Yamaha headlights with H4 bulbs are much better in quality Exclamation

the Skorpion Cafe Racer
dbird

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to pick some of those up as well, is it really hard to install???
sisomos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Parts for Baggy that do work in USA Break PADS and Battery Reply with quote

I have been reading all you posts for the last year and half since I acquired my black panther and have benefited tremendously from them. I have nontheless, realized that it would help the new comers even more if we can provide specific parts number and manufacturers so they do not have to go through the frustation I have endured when I approached a Yamaha dealer and upon pronouncing the words" Baghira" or " MZ" they kind of freak out on the spot "literally"

I have to thanks the help from the Pros Like Mario Rivera (305-557-1311) from Palmetto Motorsport in Miami Florida, the make and model of the front and rear break pads: The front pad is part number 4544239 Manufactured by MS and Cat ACC description: Pads PLT SC FRT APR MZ the cost in Florida $29.99 As for the rear: PArt # 4544270 Manufactured also by MS and Cat ACC description: Pads PLT St REAR BMW the cost in Florida $29.99

The part Genius from Palm Beach Cycles in West Palm Beach by the name of Mathew Sundermier can also get you the best Battery for your baghira. The manufacturer is YUASA and the model numnber is YTZ14S and this my friend is the best I have seen so far for my Baggy. It is a GEL baterry and fits the bag like they were born toghether. The price is $150 bucks but MAt can get it for you for only $120 out the door tax and fully charged (561) 683-1642

I am trying to find the stainless steel spokes for the rear wheel. I have not been successful yet but I will keep on trying. To you all guys THANKS FOR YOU SUPPORT!
simon duval smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sisomos
I broke a couple of spokes in my rear wheel (2005 Baghira SM wheels) and ordered some from BSA Regal. They supplied plated ordinary steel spokes as they have not sold these 'pre-stainless' spokes out yet. If you contact them, they may be able to get stainless ones for you. They are very helpful indeed, speak to Phil.

http://www.bsa-regal.co.uk/

sisomos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Simon. I will look into that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: Mechanic/Tech Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: