MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

MZ 660 and Yamaha 660 / 660 carbs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: TEIKEI carburetor jets available at off-the-road.de Reply with quote

TEIKEI carburetor jets available at off-the-road.de
http://www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?p=7484#7484
cat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Carb kits for the MZ Baghira / Skorpion Reply with quote

Carb kits for the MZ Baghira / Skorpion

Dynojet Kit E9204.001 - MZ Skorpion 1995-97 - Stage 2

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/jetkits/update2/mz/E9204.001.pdf

1 needle, 1 needle shim/washer, e-clips
1 slide springs *
CV main jet drill #1.8 (for stock exhaust)
CV main jet drill #1.9 (for aftermarket headers or high-flow slip-on)

remove air box snorkel
"Install the Dynojet slide springs in place of the stock slide springs."
* (but there is only 1.)

Dynojet UK also list kits for the Yamaha XTZ660 (# DJY-4252 - Stage 2) and for the Yamaha SZR660 (# DJY-4151 - Stages 1, 3), but there is no link to the .pdf details.

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/jetkits/motorcycle/yamaha.html

The Dynojet kits cost 88 pounds.
The big thing about Dynojet kits is that their needles are specially shaped (the taper) and they're Ti (which does not wear like Al needles.) Dynojet main jets come in size increments of 2 instead of the usual increments of 5 - although that's not applicable to the Teikei carbs used on the MZ unless you tap them to take Dynojet jets, as suggested by Boysie.

The www.tunebike.de and www.off-the-road.de kits cost 49 euros.
They apparently include 2 drills for the RH main jet, something that looks like a needle jet or the collar for it [?], a diaphragm spacer [which is supposed to compensate for diaphragms becoming less elastic from the alcohol in the fuel], and 4 Allen cap screws for the carb top.

www.dzt-power.de
... "official Dynojet importers for Germany", list the Dynojet Kit for the MZ Scorpion (E9204.001) for all the MZ Baghira and Mastiff models, for 97 euros.

oldboyonrgv suggests the Dynojet kit for the Yamaha XTZ660
http://www.tts-performance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=383_385_389&products_id=2581&PHPSESSID=33b60547365703eca88efae1bac954f2
for 47 pounds [seems odd given that the Dynojet UK site lists the same kit for 88 pounds! ...and they have a link to www.dynojet.com for more information, but that is the USA website which does not list the XTZ660]
and describes an interesting DIY version (www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=611 but I'll repeat it here for convenience):

Quote:
carb modifications. The mixture screw gets backed out (Holeshot Performance recommends 7 1/2 turns out from lightly seated), the main jet isn't adjustable, you replace the 130 main jet from the left side (as you're sitting on the bike) carb with a Kehin 135 and screw it in all the way tight. The midrange jet needles (both sides) get raised 1 notch, (this means the circlip goes in the second groove from the pointy end), cut 2 coils from the constant velocity slide spring (right side)and re-install cut side down. Be sure to line up the diaphragm correctly, there is a little tab on the edge of it that fits into a recess cast into the top of the carb. At low altitude (below 5000 feet), you can drill the right carb's main jet with a #51 drill bit, just twist it between your fingers, no need for the drill press and re-install with a new P/N 90-20.142 crush washer. For around town riding this last step isn't really nessesary, you'll foul plugs more often and you should definitely keep a stock main jet (P/N 90-20.146) handy if you plan on doing any riding up in the mountains. The sync screw on top of the carb bank controls the point after the low speed carb carb starts opening that the high speed carb begins to open, crank it in a turn or two so that as you twist the grip, you'll feel the freeplay take up, then the low speed carb start to open, then the added resistance of the high speed carb opening. You want the high speed carb to open just after the low speed opens, without as much of a delay as with the stock setting. This obviously needs to be set with the carbs reinstalled on the bike before the gas tank is replaced. Lastly, if your bike is a Skorpion (Sport, Traveller, Replica, etc., not a Mastiff, Black Panther, etc.), remove the black rubber snorkel from the top of the airbox.
You can also drill out the air damper hole on the CV side (the hole next to the needle) to 4mm; this allows the air to move faster so the slide comes up quicker. and I also recall installing a larger pilot jet, but there again I was running a race exhaust.

Note: The Dynojet Kit for the Yamaha Raptor 660 is not applicable; it has different carbs with replaceable main jets.
roge-a-billy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Carb kits for the MZ Baghira / Skorpion Reply with quote

oldboyonrgv suggests the Dynojet kit for the Yamaha XTZ660
http://www.tts-performance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=383_385_389&products_id=2581&PHPSESSID=33b60547365703eca88efae1bac954f2
for 47 pounds [seems odd given that the Dynojet UK site lists the same kit for 88 pounds! ...and they have a link to www.dynojet.com for more information, but that is the USA website which does not list the XTZ660]
and describes an interesting DIY version (www.mzriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=611 but I'll repeat it here for convenience):

No mate there 88 pounds as well I've checked, they have not updated there web site

cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Carb kits for the MZ Baghira / Skorpion Reply with quote

roge-a-billy wrote:
No mate there 88 pounds as well I've checked, they have not updated there web site

Their site's a bit of a mess. I wouldn't buy anything from them. Too many of these people aren't serious about their internet presence. They lose, in the long run. It's understandable when a small motor engineering company has a scrappy/amateur website, but this place wants to sell products. The worst, sometimes, are the ones that don't have proper shopping software and expect you to write down the item numbers and go fill them in on a form. It doesn't cost much to do it properly.

So the best price is DZT :
http://www.dzt-power.de/shop/dynojet_vergaserkits.htm
Their site is ok and their whole operation - tuning and engineering for bikes /etc seems quite good, they have pictures of their people and their workshop, dynos and so on.
sapperk9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: DynoJet Reply with quote

Latest link for Skorp is:

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/jetkits/prices-jets-on-road.php

Fil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the kit I fitted to my Mastiff, although I didn't use the spring supplied as it didn't sit as well as the original. I think it's only purpose is to speed up the response of the second carb slide.

I still need to get it set up properly on the dyno too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: