MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

Fleabay MZ Forks : excellent/gorgeous condition?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hb7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Fleabay MZ Forks : excellent/gorgeous condition? Reply with quote

Is this excellent/gorgeous condition as represented in the auction...? See pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/2sdecl

Modified/Cut the dust seal area of the tube. What for ?
Ding damage on the stanchion in the fork seal area.
AFAIK, damage in the seal area of the stanchion=junk stanchion. Forks have been down obviously....gorgeous, I think not.

I know because I have 3 of these bikes and I've been down a few times. I only bid because it was represented as :

"Paioli Forks 41 mm tubes. Italian made forks. Very good quality. Originally from an MZ 660. <snip>
Excellent condtion Fork crowns axle and fender, fork tubes are rust free. These forks are gorgeous and in excellent working condition."

IMAG0077.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  185.52 KB
 Viewed:  1679 Time(s)

IMAG0077.JPG

IMAG0059.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  217.62 KB
 Viewed:  1681 Time(s)

IMAG0059.JPG

IMAG0062.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.45 KB
 Viewed:  1681 Time(s)

IMAG0062.JPG

hb7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a better picture of the damage on the stanchion.

IMAG0076.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.48 KB
 Viewed:  1678 Time(s)

IMAG0076.JPG

Fil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't look too good with that ding and the piece cut out of the slider top. I would be pretty piss*d if I was hoping to get something in good, undamaged condition.

However, the seller has been a bit cunning with their description.

They may be in excellent working condition - they will probably work fine until the fluid leaks out past the ding in the stanchion...
The only bits he has described as being in 'excellent condition' are the fork crowns, fender and axle - no mention of the important bits.
As for describing something as 'gorgeous' - that depends on who's looking at it and how many beers they've had!

With something like forks, it's always worth asking the seller if the forks leak and if they have any dents, dings, scratches, bends or other damage to them (especially the stanchions). He might have lied and said they're ok, but at least you might have more of a case for a dispute.

I would still go back to the guy and see what he says, but I suspect he's going to wriggle out of it pretty quickly. You can open a dispute through eBay if he does nothing, but I don't know if they can do anything...

Good luck and let us know what happens
hb7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was my impression too. The seller grossly misrepresented the condition. The forks look like they are from the early 1995-96 period. They have wrench marks from having been been apart and they have been down on both sides. I am still curious as to why anyone would cut out a portion of lower tubes ? I should have known better when the seller used the word "gorgeous".....

Well, he refunded my money and wants me to pay the
return shipping. I refuse to pay the $36 return shipping due to the seller's misrepresentation. The forks are awaiting the return postage. The MZ Skorp world is a small place and I posted this because I suspect the seller will try to pawn these off again. So hopefully nobody here will be fooled (again).
Fil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work - you got your money back!

You should tell him to collect the forks from the nearest dumpster if he wants them back...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: