MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

MZR660 project bike at OMRRA season final

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omrra91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: MZR660 project bike at OMRRA season final Reply with quote

Hello all,

Back in April I posted a bit of news on my new race bike's debut at Portland International Raceway. My team mate crashed the bike really badly. I'm happy to say he was fine. The bike was put back together quickly, but silly little problems put me into DNS situations over the next three race events. That was hard to take after four successful years on a MuZ Skorpion. We had no mechanical issues prevent us from gridding up in all that time. But the new project deffinately had some gremlins.

I remained confident that the new MZR660 was a worthwhile project. The two major elements being a well developed MuZ 660 motor from my skorpion and a Yamaha TZR250 frame. Hats off to the dearly departed Hoyt McKagen for the fine work related to motor fitment. But lots of great people chipped in to complete the project. All the hard work paid off at the OMRRA July 28th event. The MZR660 won the 450 Clubman class in it's first race outing with myself at the controlls. The bike is certainly ready to compete in OMRRA's ultra competitive Lightweight Superbike class. It will have to wait until next season though. Portland International Raceway closed early this season for repaving.

I would love to hear from others on the forum who may recommend some 2008 events in California or maybe something like an AHRMA event at Miller Motorsports Park.

Regards, Jeffrey Thompson - OMRRA #91

072807_IR6X4019.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.92 KB
 Viewed:  1488 Time(s)

072807_IR6X4019.jpg

phlat65

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet!! if you ever come up to an event at SIR I will happily pit for you and spectate..
omrra91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: SIR aka Pacific raceway Reply with quote

Thanks, Seattle is not at all out of the question. I've got a close friend living up there. He races an SV650. Anyway, I've been meaning to make some better MZ connections in Seattle.

Regards, Jeffrey
basser23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: mzr660 Reply with quote

Jeffrey,
Way cool!! Sorry I never could get that shift lever when I was in UK..
Seems you've sorrted that out though...
Good luck next season...!
Chip
omrra91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Shift lever Reply with quote

Chip,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for trying to get that part. So fare so good with a Yamaha FZR600 shift lever.

Jeffrey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: