MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

Harrison Billet 6 pot caliper
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whysub01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review-and as for the quality of Harrisons, don't worry. We bought and fitted two 6 pots on our race FZR600, and it could outbrake ANYTHING. We could probably got away with a single disc on the front, but my rider was not so sure!. Shame that the bike was an unreliable, head cracking piece of sh*** though.

When we sold the bike, we sold the callipers seperately to a mate who fitted them to his road FZR1000 bike. The lasty time I heard he had sold them to a mate who had fitted them to a GSXR1000-so about 12 years on, and they are still being used. Quality indeed.

Wonky is fitting a 6 pot Beringer to my Baggi, once he has fitted the Yamaha USD forks-just hope that the bracket is not too big or ugly. Would have loved something that bolts on, but the price Wonky offered me the Beringer at, it will do!!

Fil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky git getting USD forks fitted
I definately need to get mine reworked as the massive power of the Harrison 6 pot caliper sends them diving to the deck when you stroke the lever - not something that was ever a problem with the standard brake set-up!
Nice to hear that someone else has good things to say about Harrison. I was taking a bit of a leap of faith when I ordered the caliper, but based on the performance I have experienced and the reliability you have experienced, I think I made a good choice.

I'm sure your Berringer set up will work great, and have the advantage of being a bit slimmer and lighter than my set up. Let us know how it works out.
whysub01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fil wrote:
Lucky git getting USD forks fitted
I definately need to get mine reworked as the massive power of the Harrison 6 pot caliper sends them diving to the deck when you stroke the lever - not something that was ever a problem with the standard brake set-up!

Basically want the USD forks fitted because I think they look good on the MZ (at least Wonky's Ohlins do!!!), and that they will cope with the extra braking power the Beringer should give over the standard calliper. The standard forks really dive when braking hard, and a secondhand set of YZ forks and yokes were cheap-even with Wonky's time making up the spacer and fitting them would not be much more than a standard fork rebuild (at least I hope so.......)

Fil wrote:

Nice to hear that someone else has good things to say about Harrison. I was taking a bit of a leap of faith when I ordered the caliper, but based on the performance I have experienced and the reliability you have experienced, I think I made a good choice.

As I remember it, he was really helpful when we were intially trying to set the brakes up. Pads never seemed to last long, but that was years ago, and we were racing the bike too, so they were used hard and often

Fil wrote:
I'm sure your Berringer set up will work great, and have the advantage of being a bit slimmer and lighter than my set up. Let us know how it works out.

I will let you know. The brake must be better than the standard set up. Never have figurfed out why the (same) brake was absolutely superb on my Skorpion, but so poor (in comparison) on the Baggi.

handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: caliper Reply with quote

Fil,

whats the crack with this four pot caliper where can i get one ? How easy is it to fit.

Alun
Fil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: caliper Reply with quote

handsomejackuk wrote:
Fil,

whats the crack with this four pot caliper where can i get one ? How easy is it to fit.

Alun

Hi Al,

Four pot??? Not sure what you mean mate? Mine is a 6 pot from Harrison Billet.

I can give you chapter and verse on the 6 pot though!
handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: 6 pot caliper Reply with quote

fil,

sorry i meant th e 6 pot i just had a lookie on harrison website. mo prices though and there are a few different models. which did you go for. Do you know if any other calipers fit baghiras ..

Alun
whysub01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun

There are a few callipers that can be made to fit-Honda VFR750 callipers are slim enough to clear the spokes. Just depends if you can make up, or get made, a bracket to attach it to the fork leg.

Sold my VFR calliper and bracket to Bigzed on here, but I never fitted it to my bike.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: