MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

next job

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: next job Reply with quote

Hi,

fitted all my axle sliders last one done last night. I will post some pics if anyone is interested.

Have been looking at pro taper bars and decided on carmichael pro taper contour bars with pro taper synergy grips. Bars are going to be silver. with some wrp black clamps, not risers standard clamps. Anyone know of sources of clamps in u.k. cheap please currently £34.99 seem a bit steep when bars are only £40. racespec do them any cheaper sources ?

Was thinking of getting top of triple clamp painted black to match clamps, and maybe make a brass badge to put over the MZ logo. will let you know how i get on this week.

Alun
phlat65

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep us posted. I like the Carmichael bend myself, run them on both the bikes.
handsomejackuk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: new bars Reply with quote

Phlat,

Changed my mind again went to my local motorcross shop Ray Hockey Racing they are doing an offer on WRP 28mm oversize bars no brace. not sure what bend they are but tried them against my bike yesterday and they look real good.

Great thing about them is they come with WRP clamps complete clapms which i am getting in Black which cost £30 by them self. I get the bars and clamp for £55, think there is also a brace on there which I will remove anyway. If I can get them to throw in a set of grips as well will be getting them tomorrow.

I stripped mine down today to see what is involved and looks pretty easy hardest part was getting the left hand clamp off as not enough clearance to get a socket on the nut. So put a spanner on the nut and put a 1/2 inch bar through the clamp and twisted the clamp instead.

Do you know if the nut on top of the yoke ( the 30mm top nut) contains anything else underneath as I want to remove the top triple clamp to spray Black ?

Cheers Al...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 660 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: