MZ Riders    
A Community for owners and riders of MZ Motorcycles, Scooters, and ATVs.    

Carb adjusment with free flow exhaust

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stretchy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Carb adjusment with free flow exhaust Reply with quote

Hi, OK eventually got another MZ and is a very fine looking Melon Yellow SX. The original exaust has been replaced with a Sebring which is basically a straight through pipe with the minimum of baffle surrounding it.
The exhaust is very loud and although a bit annoying keeps people from jumping out in front of me (I commute across a busy city) so have decided to keep it on. I have noticed tho' that the bike runs a little rich and never needs any choke on startup and also tends to die if you give the trottle a quick blip. I'm going to have a fiddle with the carb this weekend and was wondering if anyone has made the adjusments to improve the mixture with any success (idle mixture screw and circlip needle position).

Regards from a rainy UK.

Stretchy.
Stretchy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to answer my own question but............

I moved the circlip on the needle to the middle position (of 6) and seems to have done the trick.

Regards from a sunny (at last!) U.K.
kim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Carb flow wt aftermarket exhaust Reply with quote

Code:
:-)[quote] I have installed an aluminium can (produce locally)which very much noisier.Wht i did was to add an addition baffle into it(at the end of the can) & now smoother...very much less noisier..

I change the mainjet from 100 to 105 sizes,...this wil supply enough fuel to cater for the exhaust without removing any circlip inside the carb....

Happy ridin[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MZ/MuZ Riders Forum Index :: 125 cc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: